Why is sugar in EVERYTHING?

Did you know that sugar is in everything? I'm pretty sure it may even be an active ingredient in toilet paper, weaselling it's way into the blood stream via 'hush we all have one' erm, routes. Bastards. To make it more frustrating, when there is no sugar there's this massively evil poison instead. It pretends to be your friend but it most certainly is nay. Obesity, depression, cancer - all side effects of a life spent without sugar. And seriously, who has time to make honey-based treats for a quick one stop sweetness pop? By the way apples do NOT count as a sweet treat and I may have trained snipers on your house who can see if you're disagreeing with me.

Anyway, despite the fact that I got off to a rough start (I ate a bar of chocolate on day three because it was really early in the morning and I had literally forgotten I wasn't allowed it), I am managing to avoid the sweet sweet taste of great. This is day five. I am also certain I have superpowers I never knew existed. It's exciting. Really.

But. The thing is. Alcohol has a lot of sugar in it, right? And, well, we decided that removing sugar and alcohol, while still being expected to function like decent human beings in our decent jobs that we like with people who deserve to remain unmurdered, would just be an unethical and rather idiotic move. So I am getting acquainted with the red vino, or rather, catching up like old friends. Not too much though of course, because I also have to go running four times a week...yippppeeee!!


Yesterday I even went in the rain, battled the elements, almost got blown into the sea - I am risking my life for my determination to be fit and have slamming abs. But the good news is, when I started out running the 1.5 miles (ish) from my flat to the old pier and back, it took me 25 minutes, which is shit but yesterday I did it in 10, which is much more respectable. The moral of today's post is - if you don't want to do it, you're probably very normal and no one can really blame you for it because it sucks. However, when you make yourself do it anyway, you'll feel like a hero!

Next post I am tackling my fear of vulnerability - it's bound to be a thrill.




No comments:

Post a Comment